Monday, August 18, 2014

Fashion House

"Fashion changes,
but style endures."
          ~Coco Chanel

   I love fashion and I love decorating and I REALLY love it when books and magazines find a way to combine the two. Style is universal whether it is in your home or in what you wear. I love to see textures and patterns in dress appearing in rooms - floral and patterned wallpapers, satin upholstery as elegant as your evening wear, collectibles that mirror your taste for vintage accessories. Something else that I love is fashion illustration. I love to see sketches from famous designers like Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren, and Coco Chanel. Fashion and Interior Design are forms of art and they begin on paper! These are photos of one of my favourite new books by Megan Hess - FASHION HOUSE. I love the illustrations and the break down of these fabulous rooms. Your home should reflect who you are the way your clothes reflect how you want the world to see you and there are so many different ways to create your perfect atmosphere! 
























1 comment:

  1. What a pretty post Jennelise. I too love fashion and I do agree. Fashion and design are very much pieces of art. The fashion world always influence interior design. I love Ralph Lauren, Coco Chanel and the designs by Jessica Mcclintock. Her home is truly magical. So full of romance and femininity. I don't know if you have had the chance to get her home decor book but you should definitely check it out. It is one you would truly enjoy.

    Wishing you a wonderful week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete