Friday, January 20, 2017

Comely Cream

"Come, ye cold winds, at January's call,
On whistling wings, and with white flakes bestrew
The earth." 
          ~John Ruskin


   January is a quiet month as our thoughts linger over the completed year and dream about the next. It always takes me a little while to get back into the rhythm of the everyday. My mood tends towards quiet evenings, soft colours and good books and I want to wrap myself in a cozy blanket and hide away from Winter. 
  White is the colour of the winter months and one which I have never really gravitated towards. I like a little more warmth and so my choice is always a beautiful cream or ivory. My house is a plethora of comely creams mixed together peacefully. You will find it in the finish of a French table, the drape of antique lace, the petal of a velvet flower, or the waiting seat of a parlour chair. It mirrors the cream in my teacup more than the frost on the windowpanes and feels so much more like home. 

















8 comments:

  1. Oh so Beautiful Jennelise....as always....You can make ANY color look gorgeous!!! I do agree with you about Cream versus White. I do so love cream/ivory much more. It makes home seem cozy and warm! Happy New Year to you.....Hugs...Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I would love to escape into a room with these soft colors of white and cream. This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Jennelise, cream is a lovely colour and it lifts my spirits to see all your beautiful photos.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    With warmest Wishes.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are soooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! I, too, prefer the creams and off-whites to stark white. Love all the levels of white and texture in your home. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are so elegant! I could just "slide" into them. I love your selection of off-whites, ivories, creams accented by hints of pale pink and soft rose. Your lace, candleabras, ribbons, embroidery and pearls are the perfect icing on a gorgeous cake. Like you, I love using cream! Our master bedroom walls are a lovely shade of rich cream and the trim is whipped cream. With similar shades in window coverings and bedding, the feeling is cozy and serene. My husband was quite undecided on the colors but agreed to have a go. He surprised himseld with how much he liked it. Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures, it's been such a pleasure to study each lovely detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Beige rosé" the favourite colour of Coco's strings of pearls.I, too, prefer the creams, so warm and cosy. Un bel hiver dear Jennelise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looks so beautiful. I love, love those candelabras.

    ReplyDelete